Are you thinking of making something special for the family, do you want to try something new, something tasty and something fascinating. Then you got to try out the EDIKANG IKONG SOUP.
This soup contains a lot of nutrient, highly rich in protein and so therefore nickname ‘wealth soup’. The taste is going to make you ask for more even when your stomach can’t take more.
Edikang Ikong Soup ingredients:
- 1kg Spinach/fluted Pumpkin leaves(Ugu)
- 200g Water leaves/lamb lettuce
- 500g of assorted meat
- salt to taste
- Smoked fish
- 250ml palm oil
- 2 tablespoons ground crayfish
- 2 stock cubes
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 scotch bonnet (Pepper )
- Prepare the vegetables by washing and cutting them into tiny bits(thin slices preferably) and set aside.
- Wash and cut the assorted meat in bite-able sizes. Clean the periwinkles, dried fish and stock fish and set aside.
- Place the assorted meat and stock fish in the pot , add a little water,the chopped onion and one stock cube.Cook until all the meat is properly cooked and there is just a little liquid in the pot(remember to cook the toughest meat first).
- When the meat is done, add the dried fish and periwinkle.Add the palm oil, the ground pepper and crayfish and leave to boil for about 10 minutes.
- Now add the water leaves(or lamb lettuce) and leave to cook for 3 minutes. Then add the Ikong Ubong /Ugu leaves(fluted pumpkin leaves) and salt to taste. Stir thoroughly and leave to simmer for 5 minutes on low heat and your Edikang Ikong soup is ready. Enjoy!