We promise we were going to release a post on how to make fried rice using an ocean ingredient and the ocean Ingredient we turned to is shrimp.
Many people know how to prepare the regular fried rice but not many have tried out this shrimp fried rice. Shrimp fried rice is very easy to prepare and extremely delicious. It takes the boredom out of plain fried rice and adds a vibrant and exciting texture, taste and flavor. I’m sure that by the end of this post we should be able to make it all by ourselves.
Professional tips When making shrimp fried rice
- First, make sure you use a fairly large shrimp and make sure they are as fresh as possible. This is a very important tip and can actually dictate how well you food will be prepare, how the new taste and flavor comes out.
- Try as much as possible to cook your rice the night before and leave it in the fridge. If the rice is cold, it will be easier to fry and the texture will be much nicer. I recommend a long grain rice for the recipe. If you don’t have it, any type of rice will work well. You can also cook your rice that day, just make sure it cold.
- Cook over high heat. Fried rice is supposed to cook quickly over high heat so give your pan a chance to heat up before adding your ingredients. Also, give the ingredients time to sizzle and resist the urge to stir constantly.
- Add ingredients to the pan separately and in the order listed. If you try putting everything in the pan at once, you will cool the pan too quickly and your fried rice will fail.
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ cup of bean sprouts
- 10 large shrimp, deveined with tails left on
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- 3 cups of cooked fried rice, cold
- 4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 4 tbsp of red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 egg, lighly beaten
- 2 tbsp of spring onions for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp of sesame oil
For this Ingredient the food will probably be enough for 4 serving / 4 equal people. The meal should take nothing less than 15 minute and not more than 20 minute. The preparation time should not be more than 10 minute if all ingredient are already avaliable.
How to prepare
- Add some olive oil to a preheated pan. Put the garlic in a saute it over medium high heat for about 45 seconds or until it becomes soft and fragrant.
- Place the shrimp in and fry them for 3 to 5 minutes or until they become pink. Remove the shrimp and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add in the sesame oil, the lightly beaten egg, and let it set for about 2 minutes. Scramble the egg and break it up into pieces.
- Add the cold rice in. Using two spoons, toss the rice until it is combined with the egg.
- Place in the bean sprouts, bell peppers, frozen peas, shrimp, and the juices from the shrimp. Season with the soy sauce and pepper. Toss for about 3 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Plate and garnish with spring onions. Enjoy the awesome taste of your Shrimp fried rice.
Are you still having a hard time preparing this meal?, then check out the video bellow.
Hope you enjoy making the the shrimp fried rice. Easy and delicious. Share your comments and view about this delicious meal. Try it out and enjoy.